The Center for Women's Health is proud to provide our Certified Nurse Midwifery services to those wishing for an alternative childbirth experience in addition to a more personalized and less interventive pregnancy and delivery experience. By blending years of personal and professional wisdom with advanced techniques, we are able to deliver a range of high quality care.
A widespread misconception about nurse midwives is that they are only present during pregnancy and childbirth. The truth however, is that nurse midwives are able to offer the same attention and care to women who are not pregnant.
The CNM has the knowledge and clinical skills to perform all of the following obstetrical/gynecology services:
- Physical exams
- Prenatal care
- Well-woman gynecological care
- Care throughout labor and birth
- Prescribing medications
- Order laboratory tests
- Health education and counseling
By forming a collaborative relationship with physicians and other health care professionals in the community, our certified nurse midwives are able to provide the best in personalized and comprehensive patient care.
The Center for Women's Health has developed a philosophy of care we believe is the best model of health care for women and their families.
This philosophy consists of:
- Promoting a continuous and compassionate partnership
- Incorporating individualized methods of care and healing guided by the best evidence available
- Offering Hydrotherapy in the form of showers, a labor tub or water birth as alternative pain relievers
- Believing in the use of watchful waiting and non intervention in normal processes
- The appropriate use of interventions and technology to treat current or potential health problems
- Consult and collaborate with other members of our health care team to continually provide optimum care
- Encouraging patients to utilize educational methods such as hypnobirthing, bradley or other natural birthing classes to help women achieve their desired non-intervention/medicated birth
Our midwives are accreditied by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.